For your gas and electrical appliance needs
Auscrown is a boutique supplier of gas and electric appliances to businesses in Australia and around the world.
Our story started in Hong Kong during the 1960s. It was Chinese New Year and, of course, all the shops were closed. But with no natural gas connection to homes, many people were relying on LPG bottles to cook their New Year’s meal.
Our founder and Managing Director Jason Chiu, opened up his shop and delivered last minute gas bottles on the back of his bicycle to his regular customers. Despite heavy rain, and even though it meant missing his own family’s celebrations, Jason continued his deliveries late into the night, carrying up to eight, 9 kg bottles on his bike!
Since those early days we’ve grown a fair bit and now we deliver gas and electrical appliances to customers all over the world.
But our values are still the same.
We still believe in dedication and treating our customers as we would our friends. We believe in doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
The Auscrown story
Here’s the Auscrown story so far:
- 1969: Crown Gas Stove founded Our original company provided LPG appliances and kerosene to customers from our base in Hong Kong.
- 1980s: Range expanded We began manufacturing a range of gas and electrical appliances under the Crown brand
- 1988: Melbourne HQ founded We moved our head offices to Australia at the World Trade Centre, Melbourne and the brand “Auscrown” was born
- 2004: HQ relocated to new site Due to new emerging needs of our business we chose a site in Vermont, Melbourne to call home
- 2014: HQ relocated to new larger premise With more growth and demand for a showroom we relocated to Bulleen in Melbourne, Victoria.
A global market
We’re proud to supply Gas and Electrical appliances to customers around the world.
Call us on 03 9850 1629, or contact us.